Volunteering in Ecuador
In the future, we will definitely need loads of enthusiastic, dedicated volunteers to help run the Conservation Centre. This sort of work typically includes:
- Cleaning, maintaining and improving animal enclosures
- Feeding animals and helping enrich their environments
- Assisting in continued development of the centre, including building paths, constructing new enclosures and buildings
- Collecting fruit and wild food for animals
- Lots more besides!
Volunteering is ultimately extremely rewarding, hard work and fun. Flor de la Amazonia Group was set up by a group of former volunteers five years ago, such was the impact of our experiences.
Sadly we’re just not at that stage yet with the Conservation Centre. But that time will come, so watch this space! And if you volunteer directly through us, we won’t charge you the extortionate fees that some agencies do – any money you pay will go straight to supporting the project you work on.
However, at the moment our team are keen to hear from anyone with experience in biology and botany, or wildlife photography, to help document the species on the land. If you think this could be for you, please contact email@example.com to find out more.
In the meantime, there are plenty of ways you can help from right here in the UK!
Can you help us – right here, right now?
We are always looking for ways that we can improve ourselves, as a charity, as fundraisers, as a cause. We’re a very small organisation, so we really appreciate any help that anyone can offer us. We are currently looking for help with:
- Graphic design – we’d like to produce posters and information leaflets that people can download or print out to display, but we don’t have much design expertise.
- Website – our website is managed entirely by us voluntarily, but we’re no experts and we’re always looking for ways to jazz up the site!
- Fundraising – we’re really interested in online fundraising platforms, and are signed up to both Easyfundraising and Give as You Live, where you can raise money for us just by shopping online. We’d like more promote this opportunity to more of our supporters and friends and grow our online support base.
If you think you could help us with any of the above, please get in touch!